The SPAC Conference 2018
The SPAC Conference is the largest forum for networking and discussion of special purpose acquisition companies and alternative IPO techniques.
DealFlow Events is pleased to offer the complete set of audio/video recordings from this event along with the official Event Book & Resource Guide.
If you missed the conference, you can still benefit from all the education of attending the event. Purchase the archive event kit today or call us at (516) 876-8006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
February 15, 2018
Registration & Breakfast (sponsored by Morrow Sodali)
Overview of the 2017/2018 SPAC Market
- Discussion of changes to the structure of SPACs.
- Recap of current market dynamics and 2018 forecast.
- Recent private equity entrants and their perspective.
- Understanding the evolution of the market.
Ellenoff Grossman & Schole
The SPAC Solution: A Look Toward the Future
- Will private equity investors continue to see this as a reliable liquidity solution?
- Understanding the Wall Street vs. Silicon Valley culture clash and its impact on traditional IPOs.
- SPACs as an alternative to small stock IPOs and alternative going-public techniques.
- Will SPACs be a better long-term fit for tech companies?
Navigating the Registration Statement Process
- Initial S-1 registration statement filing process.
- Pricing and closing of the IPO.
- Independent registered public accountant’s involvement in the process.
- Important items and pitfalls that sponsor groups should consider.
SPAC IPO Structuring Alternatives
- Unit and warrant structure.
- Sponsor’s at-risk capital.
- Forward purchase agreements.
- Onshore vs. offshore SPACs.
- Use of IPO proceeds for expenses.
Private Equity & Venture Capital Roundtable Discussion
- Roundtable discussion of private equity and venture investors
- Changing approach to identifying acquisition targets
- Discussion of different sector strategies
- Navigating conflicts of interest
SPACs: By the Numbers
- State of the market presentation
- Analysis of money raised, merger activity, current deals
- Popular target areas, discussion of deal size, and new fund sources
Founder and Portfolio Manager
Pacific Grove Capital
Lunch (sponsored by Continental Stock Transfer & Trust)
Merger Mechanics: Understanding the SPAC Business Combination
- Legal and accounting requirements.
- Navigating proxy statement/S-4 reporting requirements.
- Transitioning from business combination filings through closing.
- The practicalities of getting a deal done.
Transitioning From Blank Check to Operating Company
- Examining ways to work with shareholders to get the vote.
- Strategies to build a new shareholder base.
- Creating post-merger liquidity.
- Understanding trading dynamics post-merger.
Everything You Need to Know About SPAC Deal Documentation
- NDA’s, LOI’s and engagements with advisors.
- Agreements related to SPAC deal sponsors.
- Indemnifications, fairness opinions and insurance issues.
- Customary (and non-customary) reps and warranties.
Ellenoff Grossman & Schole
The Listing Options: OTC, AIM, LSE, NYSE American, NYSE, and Nasdaq
- Overview of the listing requirements of each market/exchange.
- Review of current trading SPACs.
- Is there an ideal market for smaller offerings?
- Update on capital pool companies (CPCs).