Joel Rubinstein is a partner at White & Case, and a member of the Firm's Capital Markets Practice. Joel has particular expertise in advising issuers, underwriters and investors on the IPOs of special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), as well as SPACs, target companies and investors in M&A transactions between SPACs and operating companies. He has represented clients in more than 75 SPAC IPOs, raising aggregate gross proceeds of more than US$25 billion, and in more than 30 business combination transactions with an aggregate enterprise value of more than US$35 billion.
Wednesday June 15, 2022
What it Takes to be a SPAC Sponsor
- Demonstrating expertise in at least one business sector
- Maintaining deep connections to finance professionals, private equity
- Proven hands-on M&A experience, preferably on both the buy and sell sides
- Track record of C-Suite level management success
Thursday June 24, 2021
Let’s Talk About (Potential) Government Regulation
- SPACs raise growing policy concerns for Congress and the SEC
- Issues under scrutiny include regulatory treatment, investor protection, listing standards
- Will regulators crack down on high sponsor fees?
- What barriers to entry might the SEC create?