John Klenner is a Partner in the Assurance Services Division of the Firm’s New York City office. He has extensive experience working closely with publicly-held companies and private businesses that span several industries including financial services, technology, real estate, energy and e-commerce.
As a key member of the Firm’s SEC Practice Group and Transaction Services Group, Mr. Klenner assists clients with audits and financial reporting requirements including those for completing initial public offerings and advises on matters related to mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and due diligence including business risk analysis. Mr. Klenner leads the Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) Practice Group.
Thursday February 15, 2018
Merger Mechanics: Understanding the SPAC Business Combination
- Legal and accounting requirements.
- Navigating proxy statement/S-4 reporting requirements.
- Transitioning from business combination filings through closing.
- The practicalities of getting a deal done.
Thursday February 7, 2019
Financial Statement Requirements for Business Combinations
- SEC requirements for target financial statements in the SPAC business combination context
- Identifying issues early in the process that could delay the deal
- Process for seeking relief from the SEC from the technical requirements
- Post-closing financial statement issues