Guy Barudin is a Director at Chardan Capital Markets providing capital raising and M&A advisory support to emerging growth companies with an emphasis on SPAC transactions. Chardan led and advised more than 170 SPAC IPOs and mergers with more than $38 billion in transaction value since the firm was founded in 2003. Prior to joining Chardan, Mr. Barudin was Managing Director at Terrapin Partners, a private equity investment firm and SPAC sponsor where he was Chief Operating Officer of several Terrapin-sponsored SPACs and worked to close two SPAC business combinations with combined transaction value exceeding $2 billion. Prior to Terrapin, Mr. Barudin held business development positions at Medco Health Solutions and MasterCard International where he focused on strategic alliances and M&A in the pharmacy, healthcare information technology, and payments industries. Prior to Mastercard, managed corporate development, finance, product management, and M&A in venture-backed technology companies serving the energy and industrial controls industries.
Wednesday June 28, 2023
Merger Special Meeting to Life as a Public Company
- Before the vote: last chance to sell the deal to shareholders
- How SPAC arbitrage investors play their game
- Why it’s important to underscore that warrants cushion against share dilution
- Holding down redemption levels, satisfying exchange listing requirements
- Dealing with light liquidity and shifting stock prices
- Marketing the post de-SPAC public company
Thursday February 15, 2018
SPAC IPO Structuring Alternatives
- Unit and warrant structure.
- Sponsor’s at-risk capital.
- Forward purchase agreements.
- Onshore vs. offshore SPACs.
- Use of IPO proceeds for expenses.