Louis Taubman is a partner in the New York office of Hunter Taubman Fischer & Li. Mr. Taubman’s practice concentrates on securities law, corporate finance and corporate governance. Mr. Taubman represents issuers, broker dealers and investors in connection with private and public financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and SEC compliance. Mr. Taubman currently provides advice to various issuers with regard to their continued Securities Exchange Act of 1934 reporting requirements, as well as related issues of corporate compliance and governance. Mr. Taubman also assists issuers with regard to initial listing on the Nasdaq, NYSE-MKT, OTCQX and other markets and exchanges, as well as ongoing compliance with exchange listing requirements.
Thursday February 15, 2018
Merger Mechanics: Understanding the SPAC Business Combination
- Legal and accounting requirements.
- Navigating proxy statement/S-4 reporting requirements.
- Transitioning from business combination filings through closing.
- The practicalities of getting a deal done.
Thursday February 7, 2019
SPAC Market Outlook Through 2019
- SPACs continue to be an attractive vehicle for raising capital
- Market interest remains strong, with IPO Vital Signs reporting 12 SPAC IPOs raising over $2.3 billion by Q3 2018
- Tech, Biotech and Healthcare companies continue to be prime targets, but for how long?
- Understanding costs – granting SPAC equity versus paying investment banking fees for traditional IPOs
Wednesday June 15, 2022
Spotting Red Flags on a Deal
- Inadequate/rushed due diligence
- SPAC management expertise (or lack thereof) in selected sectors
- Disclosures that raise more questions than answers
- Valuations unsupported by the numbers
- SPAC management’s track record
- How the SEC’s SPAC rulemaking proposal might affect transaction diligence and deal execution
Thursday June 24, 2021
Let’s Talk About (Potential) Government Regulation
- SPACs raise growing policy concerns for Congress and the SEC
- Issues under scrutiny include regulatory treatment, investor protection, listing standards
- Will regulators crack down on high sponsor fees?
- What barriers to entry might the SEC create?
Thursday February 6, 2020
How SPACs are Competing with Strategic Buyers in the Cutthroat M&A Market
- Formation and capital raising trends and statistics
- Annualized return profile from IPO to business combination
- Market and trading dynamics
- Outcomes and post-business combination performance