Under Mr. Bukzin’s leadership, Marcum has grown to become a top-ranked auditor of publicly traded companies (No. 5 in 2021) and a leader in audits of initial public offerings (source: Audit Analytics). He has also secured Marcum’s stature as one of the top auditors of special purpose acquisition corporations (SPACs), including representing the largest SPAC IPO on record.
Mr. Bukzin oversees a team of professionals in Marcum offices across the U.S. He has more than 20 years of experience advising clients on SEC policies, practices and procedures and has in-depth knowledge of registration and reporting requirements under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including navigating the evolving public reporting landscape.
Mr. Bukzin additionally serves as national leader of Marcum’s Cannabis Practice. He has assisted clients with regulatory compliance issues, complex deal structures, capital raising and strategic planning. He also is a member of the Firm’s Technology and Life Science & Biotech industry groups, where he has assisted clients in the areas capital raising, mergers & acquisitions and going public.
Serving on Marcum’s Executive Committee and New York Regional Management Committee, Mr. Bukzin further provides guidance for the Firm’s internal operations, strategic planning, practice development and client services.
Wednesday June 15, 2022
Accounting & Audit Considerations during the Lifecycle of a SPAC
- Pre- and post-IPO accounting requirements and report frequency
- Audited financial statements and shareholder proxies
- Accounting for the acquisition transaction
- Post-merger (de-SPAC) accounting requirements
Wednesday June 23, 2021
The Auditor’s Role throughout the SPAC Lifecycle
- Discussion of the initial public offering process and de-SPAC/business combination
- What you should know about ‘34 Act Compliance
- Accounting and related due diligence matters