Josh DuClos is a partner in Sidley’s office in Century City. He concentrates his practice on representing private equity sponsors, public and privately held companies, and their respective stakeholders and advisors in de-SPAC transactions, mergers, buyouts, investments and divestitures. Josh was named to the Daily Journal’s “Top 40 under 40” list, which celebrates the achievements of California-based lawyers under the age of 40 for 2020.
Wednesday June 28, 2023
SPAC IPOs: Structuring Deals in the New Market
- What will new SPAC IPOs look like in 2023 and beyond?
- Structuring considerations for sponsors and banks in the SPAC IPO market
- How to foster investor confidence in new SPACs
- 'Benefit of hindsight': what lessons have been learned around consummating a successful business combination?
Thursday June 16, 2022
International Intrigue: Understanding the Overseas SPAC Market
- Hot spots: Amsterdam, London (France, Sweden and Germany tied for distant 3rd place)
- Asia emerges as growing SPAC market with Singapore and Hong Kong leading
- Desire to list on American Exchanges gives US SPACs an edge in many sectors
- Deal structures, taxes and other cross-border SPAC issues
- US anti-inversion rules and international M&A
Thursday June 24, 2021
De-SPACing of VC-backed Tech & Other High-growth Companies
- Unique opportunities and challenges in taking tech companies public
- Why VC firms are expected to drive SPAC growth in 2021
- The difference between private equity vs. venture capital-backed SPACs