Yelena is a member of Woodruff Sawyer’s transactional insurance brokerage and SPAC teams. She advises clients on M&A- and IPO-related insurance solutions, including representations and warranties insurance and D&O insurance for SPACs. Yelena is a frequent speaker and author. She serves as the M&A managing editor of the American Bar Association’s Business Law Today and is the executive editor of the SPAC Notebook, a blog series that covers SPACs and SPAC risks.
Prior to Woodruff Sawyer, Yelena oversaw the development of Bloomberg Law’s practical guidance, reference and analysis content, covering capital markets, M&A, and securities law.
Yelena practiced as a senior capital markets associate at Clifford Chance and a corporate associate at LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae (later Dewey & LeBoeuf) and earned her BS in Economics from Cornell University and her JD from Fordham University School of Law.
Wednesday June 15, 2022
SPAC Litigation: Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional
- The most alarming types of cases
- Notable trends
- Case studies: Avoid mistakes others have already made
- Insurance as a defense litigation tool?
- Our SPAC crystal ball
Wednesday June 23, 2021
Will Immunovant’s Insurance Policies Protect it from Litigation & Lessons for other SPACs
- Understanding which policy covers what: Representations and Warranties Insurance (RWI) vs D&O insurance
- Is D&O insurance optional and why is it so expensive?
- Why use or avoid RWI in a SPAC business combination
- Trends in claims and litigation in D&O and RWI