Leading Woodruff Sawyers M&A practice, Emily provides consultation and support to clients seeking to minimize their risks associated with merger & acquisition activity. This includes Representations and Warranties, Tax Opinion Liability and Litigation Buy-Out coverages. Emilys deal experience covers both American and European deals. Her clients are as diverse as their locations. She has worked with both strategic and private equity buyers and sellers over a wide range of transaction sizes and industries.
In 2019, Emily was named in Insurance Business America’s “Hot 100,” which lists top professionals whose contributions have helped shape the insurance industry. She is a frequent speaker and author on the topic of M&A transaction insurance, and has been featured in such publications as Bloomberg Law.
Wednesday June 15, 2022
SPAC Litigation: Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional
- The most alarming types of cases
- Notable trends
- Case studies: Avoid mistakes others have already made
- Insurance as a defense litigation tool?
- Our SPAC crystal ball
Wednesday June 23, 2021
Will Immunovant’s Insurance Policies Protect it from Litigation & Lessons for other SPACs
- Understanding which policy covers what: Representations and Warranties Insurance (RWI) vs D&O insurance
- Is D&O insurance optional and why is it so expensive?
- Why use or avoid RWI in a SPAC business combination
- Trends in claims and litigation in D&O and RWI