Ramey’s principal areas of practice are capital markets, securities law, and mergers and acquisitions. He has a particular focus on transactions relating to Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs) and publicly traded master limited partnerships (MLPs). He represents both issuers and underwriters in public and private securities offerings. Ramey has advised clients on general corporate matters, public company reporting issues, restructuring of partnerships, and reporting obligations in connection with acquisition and disposition of partnership securities. Additionally, Ramey advises clients on Investment Company Act of 1940 avoidance.
Thursday June 24
Matters of Disclosure
- Insiders’ potential conflicts of interest
- Business combination mechanics, including the financial incentives of insiders to complete a deal
- Securities ownership by insiders
- Understanding additional financing that may be required, including PIPEs
- The process for identifying the target, including the selection and evaluation process