Mr. Rajiv Shukla has an extensive track record of buyouts and equity investments spanning over twenty years. He has served as Chairman & CEO of two Nasdaq-listed Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs): the first SPAC acquired DMTK which is one of the most successful healthcare SPAC transactions of all time. The second SPAC is in the process of closing on the acquisition of Humacyte, an Industry leader in bioengineered human tissues for applications exceeding $150 billion per annum. Earlier in his career, Rajiv led global M&A for Pfizer R&D where he was involved with nearly $65 billion in acquisitions and then subsequently worked as a hedge fund PM at Morgan Stanley and a private equity investor at CVCI before leading a 4000-person team at a leading publicly listed engineering company as CEO. Rajiv has a Masters in Healthcare Management from Harvard University and a Bachelors in Pharmaceutics from the Indian Institute of Technology.
Wednesday June 28, 2023
- During 2020-21, SPACs boomed
- Quality Sponsors drove improved structures/strong performance
- Turning Capital Markets have led us to pivot point
- Do we shrivel back to a niche or improve to rise again?
Thursday June 24, 2021
Let’s Talk About (Potential) Government Regulation
- SPACs raise growing policy concerns for Congress and the SEC
- Issues under scrutiny include regulatory treatment, investor protection, listing standards
- Will regulators crack down on high sponsor fees?
- What barriers to entry might the SEC create?