Mike Holbert is a Managing Director in Benchmark’s New York Investment Banking Division. Prior to joining Benchmark, Mike was a Managing Director at TIAA (2002-2019) where he held various roles, including most recently managing a $3bn (peak) Global Equity Dividend fund, Director of International Equity Research and Global Telecom Equity Analyst. From 2000-2002 Mike was the Director of Corporate Development for Versatel Telecom in Amsterdam, The Netherlands where he sourced and evaluated financing and strategic opportunities as well as ultimately managing the business’ balance sheet restructuring. Mike worked at Lehman Brothers from 1997-2000 in the Investment Banking group and began his career as a management consultant at Price Waterhouse. Mike earned a B.S. from Cornell University in Business Management and Marketing.
Thursday June 29, 2023
What Public Investors are Looking for in a Deal
- The value proposition: What’s the potential upside?
- Do the sponsor’s interests align with public shareholders?
- How did the SPAC arrive at this particular valuation for the target?
- Is the target’s management prepared to run a public company?
- What are the target’s competitive strengths?
- How long will it take to close this deal?