Joe Tonnos has over 12 years of principal investing, capital markets and M&A experience, inclusive of deal sourcing, analysis and structuring. Joe is a Principal and Associate Portfolio Manager at Meteora Capital, an investment advisor specializing in SPAC-related investments. Joe also serves as CFO of Meteora’s SPAC, GSR II Meteora Acquisition Corp., and previously served as Senior Vice President of Haymaker Acquisition Corp. I, II and III, co-leading the day-to-day execution across all aspects of the SPAC transaction, inclusive of raising two PIPEs. Joe has significant private equity and venture capital experience at Mistral Equity Partners and Ketch Ventures and has served and continues to serve on several boards (both public and private). He began his career in sales and trading at CIBC Capital Markets before working in investment banking at Lazard and BofA Merrill Lynch.
Joe earned an M.B.A. and B.S. in Finance from Niagara University, magna cum laude, where he was also captain of the D1 men’s golf team.
Thursday February 7, 2019
SPAC Market Outlook Through 2019
- SPACs continue to be an attractive vehicle for raising capital
- Market interest remains strong, with IPO Vital Signs reporting 12 SPAC IPOs raising over $2.3 billion by Q3 2018
- Tech, Biotech and Healthcare companies continue to be prime targets, but for how long?
- Understanding costs – granting SPAC equity versus paying investment banking fees for traditional IPOs
Thursday June 16, 2022
Fostering Clear Communication with Retail SPAC Investors
- Investor lawsuits against de-SPACed companies are on the rise
- Marketing vigorously, making robust projections, avoiding hyperbole
- Issuing regular updates and press releases
- Rock the vote: Ensuring retail investors participate in shareholder meetings and merger votes