Geoffrey L. Weinberg
Geoffrey L. Weinberg joined Morrow Sodali in 2023 as a Managing Director in the firm’s M&A and Activism Advisory Group. Prior to joining Morrow Sodali, Geoff was a Senior Managing Director at another leading proxy solicitation firm and before that, an attorney at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP in the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Geoff has participated in the representation of public and private companies in shareholder activism defense, proxy contests, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, tender offers and retail shareholder approvals and analysis, including representing Kroger in their ESG proxy fight with Carl Icahn; Procter & Gamble in their proxy fight with Trian Partners; Blucora in their proxy contest with Ancora; Cannae Holdings and Senator Investment Group in their engagement with CoreLogic; Merck KGaA in its “Vote No” campaign and unsolicited offer to acquire Versum Materials; M&G Investments in their proxy fight with Methanex Corporation; Xerox in their attempted acquisition of HP; Starboard Value in their engagement with LivePerson; and over one hundred successful corporate votes.
Geoff received his J.D. from New York University School of Law, where he was Staff Editor of the NYU Journal of International Law and Politics, and his undergraduate degree from Binghamton University.
Wednesday June 28, 2023
Merger Special Meeting to Life as a Public Company
- Before the vote: last chance to sell the deal to shareholders
- How SPAC arbitrage investors play their game
- Why it’s important to underscore that warrants cushion against share dilution
- Holding down redemption levels, satisfying exchange listing requirements
- Dealing with light liquidity and shifting stock prices
- Marketing the post de-SPAC public company