Michael advises on a broad range of corporate transactional matters, with particular emphasis on capital markets work (both equity and debt), mergers and acquisitions and complex corporate restructuring. Michael’s BVI law practice also encompasses cross-border joint ventures and emerging market investment, structured finance and financial reconstruction, and he is a trusted advisor on general BVI corporate matters to Intel, TPG, Hyatt Hotels and United Airlines as well as a number of other major financial and commercial institutions and enterprises.
Having joined Ogier in January 2012 after ten years in the Corporate and Securities Group of Sidley Austin LLP's London Office, where he also trained, Michael quickly established himself as a key member of the firm’s BVI Practice. Michael is recommended by Chambers and IFLR while Legal 500 cites Michael as an 'excellent deal counsel, who knows BVI corporate law inside-out and gives pragmatic, commercially-orientated advice'. Michael is also becoming increasingly sought after as a BVI based expert on the use of BVI companies as listed Special Acquisition Companies (SPACs).
Wednesday June 23, 2021
Why the COVID Pandemic Has Been a Boon for the Market
- Advantages of forward-looking guidance over traditional IPOs
- Uncertain times spark the popularity of a near-certain bet
- Big SPAC deals make big noise, raising blank-check awareness
- Post-pandemic growth prospects for SPACs
Thursday February 6, 2020
How to Anticipate and Minimize Risks and Costs Pre- and Post-IPO
- The impact of competition from PE firms
- Mitigating cyber risks during due diligence
- SPAC insurance coverage
- Satisfying regulatory filing requirements