Michael is partner of Maples and Calder's Corporate team in the Maples Group's Cayman Islands office. Michael's expertise covers all aspects of corporate and securities law, including IPOs, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, SPACs and a broad range of banking, structured finance and capital markets transactions. His practice focuses on the energy industry and public company listings and corporate governance.
Wednesday June 28, 2023
SPAC IPOs: Structuring Deals in the New Market
- What will new SPAC IPOs look like in 2023 and beyond?
- Structuring considerations for sponsors and banks in the SPAC IPO market
- How to foster investor confidence in new SPACs
- 'Benefit of hindsight': what lessons have been learned around consummating a successful business combination?
Thursday June 16, 2022
International Intrigue: Understanding the Overseas SPAC Market
- Hot spots: Amsterdam, London (France, Sweden and Germany tied for distant 3rd place)
- Asia emerges as growing SPAC market with Singapore and Hong Kong leading
- Desire to list on American Exchanges gives US SPACs an edge in many sectors
- Deal structures, taxes and other cross-border SPAC issues
- US anti-inversion rules and international M&A