Mark Solovy is a Managing Director at Monroe Capital, a premier boutique $12.7 billion asset management firm, where he is responsible for co-leading relationship sourcing and the origination of new investment opportunities within the software, technology and tech-enabled business services industries and for co-leading Monroe's SPAC business which encompasses co-sponsorships and sponsorships of SPACs, PIPEs, forward purchase agreements, and structured investments in SPACs and their target companies. Mark was most recently Co-President of MCAP Acquisition Corporation, a special purpose acquisition corporation sponsored by an affiliate of Monroe Capital, that closed a $316,250,000 IPO in March 2021 and completed its business combination with AdTheorent (Nasdaq: ADTH) in December 2021. Mark was also responsible for Monroe Capital’s position as a member of the sponsor group of Thunder Bridge Acquisition, Ltd. and support of its business combination with Repay Holdings Corporation (Nasdaq: RPAY), as well as Monroe Capital’s position as a member of the sponsor group of Thunder Bridge Acquisition, Ltd. II and support of its business combination with indie Semiconductor, Inc. (Nasdaq: INDI).
Thursday June 16, 2022
M&A Advice Wanted
- Differing perspectives: Buy side vs. sell side
- Keys to effective negotiation
- Understanding the deal structure
- Assessing the target’s true financial condition and prospects
Thursday February 6, 2020
SPACS: Boom vs. Bust Markets
- Can SPAC IPO volumes continue to grow
- How to think about yields and minimum guaranteed returns for investors in both boom and bust markets
- Is there any correlation between traditional M&A activity and SPAC IPO/M&A activity?