Karim has more than 23 years of experience serving clients in a variety of industries. He has extensive knowledge of special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) mergers covering accounting, reporting, regulatory, operational and integration matters. Karim has lead 50+ SPAC transactions in the past 10 years. Karim advises clients on numerous accounting and financial reporting matters including: mergers and acquisitions, registration statements’ complex accounting matters, policies and procedures, IPOs, debt offerings, purchase accounting, spin-outs, divestitures, valuation-related matters associated with purchase accounting, carve-out accounting, consolidation matters, fresh start and bankruptcy accounting, and other complex accounting matters, as well as compliance with SEC financial reporting requirements for US domestic and foreign private issuers. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in the state of California; and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Wednesday June 28, 2023
What Will the Future Hold for SPACs?
- The role SPACs will play in the capital markets going forward
- The types of companies that will be attracted to SPACs
- How deal structures will evolve to solve capital needs and other issues
Wednesday June 28, 2023
SPAC IPOs: Structuring Deals in the New Market
- What will new SPAC IPOs look like in 2023 and beyond?
- Structuring considerations for sponsors and banks in the SPAC IPO market
- How to foster investor confidence in new SPACs
- 'Benefit of hindsight': what lessons have been learned around consummating a successful business combination?
Thursday February 7, 2019
Financial Statement Requirements for Business Combinations
- SEC requirements for target financial statements in the SPAC business combination context
- Identifying issues early in the process that could delay the deal
- Process for seeking relief from the SEC from the technical requirements
- Post-closing financial statement issues
Wednesday June 15, 2022
Counseling Private Companies Considering a SPAC in These Turbulent Times
- Hear what advisors are telling private companies considering SPACs in this environment
- Navigating some of the tough issues of the day and what to look out for
- How market and other forces are influencing how companies should behave
Wednesday June 23, 2021
The Role of Modern-Day SPAC Sponsors
- The secret sauce of a successful SPAC sponsor
- An insider’s view from formation to de-SPAC
- Tips on critical interactions with other key players in the transaction