Jackie Cohen is a partner in the firm’s mergers & acquisitions group in the New York office. She guides public and private companies through complex mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures, carve-outs spin-offs, and strategic investments.
Jackie advises on both domestic and cross-border transactions across many industries and verticals, including financial services, media and entertainment, retail and consumer products and technology. She also has extensive experience counseling on high-profile and business-critical shareholder activism, takeover defense and corporate governance matters.
Chambers recognizes Jackie as a leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A in New York, where clients praise her “business focus,” describing her as an “excellent, technical practitioner.” Jackie is also recognized as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer for M&A in the U.S. by IFLR1000 and a “Leading Lawyer” for M&A by The Legal 500 US.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Jackie was a partner in the New York office of another international law firm.
Wednesday June 28, 2023
Merger Special Meeting to Life as a Public Company
- Before the vote: last chance to sell the deal to shareholders
- How SPAC arbitrage investors play their game
- Why it’s important to underscore that warrants cushion against share dilution
- Holding down redemption levels, satisfying exchange listing requirements
- Dealing with light liquidity and shifting stock prices
- Marketing the post de-SPAC public company