Glenn Pollner is a leading capital markets lawyer with more than 25 years' experience handling transactions and other corporate and securities law matters. He advises on both domestic and cross-border transactions and has experience representing clients from a wide range of industries and sectors, including healthcare, life sciences, technology, telecom, media and entertainment, FinTech and financial services, cleantech and energy, consumer and retail, industrial, REITs and SPACs.
Mr. Pollner regularly represents issuers, investment banks and investors in equity and debt capital markets transactions as well as equity private placement transactions involving public and late stage private companies. He also represents issuers and investment banks in high yield, investment grade and other debt offerings, and issuers and underwriters in follow-on and secondary equity offerings, convertible debt offerings and offerings of preferred and hybrid securities.
In addition to his capital markets practice, Mr. Pollner advises clients on disclosure and reporting obligations under the US federal securities laws, corporate governance issues, state corporate law issues, listed company obligations under stock exchange rules, and in connection with mergers and acquisitions, liability management transactions, restructurings and other strategic transactions. Mr. Pollner has been named a leading capital markets lawyer by the International Financial Law Review.
Thursday June 29, 2023
What Public Investors are Looking for in a Deal
- The value proposition: What’s the potential upside?
- Do the sponsor’s interests align with public shareholders?
- How did the SPAC arrive at this particular valuation for the target?
- Is the target’s management prepared to run a public company?
- What are the target’s competitive strengths?
- How long will it take to close this deal?
Wednesday June 15, 2022
Spotting Red Flags on a Deal
- Inadequate/rushed due diligence
- SPAC management expertise (or lack thereof) in selected sectors
- Disclosures that raise more questions than answers
- Valuations unsupported by the numbers
- SPAC management’s track record
- How the SEC’s SPAC rulemaking proposal might affect transaction diligence and deal execution
Thursday June 24, 2021
Current Developments in the SPAC PIPE Market
- Current state of SPAC PIPE market
- Evolution of SPAC PIPE market over recent months and current trends
- Positioning your PIPE for success
- Legal and regulatory developments and considerations